30 Hour Fast 2018: Fast Olympics
April 20-21, 2018
InsideOut Youth is doing 30-Hour Fast much like World Visions 30-Hour Famine. And you can be a part of it. We don’t think it is right that thousands are dying from hunger and are cold every day around the world. So we’re doing something about it, and specifically focusing on those in need within our local community. This year’s Fast theme is OLYMPICS and we are rooting for the underdogs!
Save-the-Fast-dates: April 20-21st. Fasting will begin around 12 noon on Friday April 20. Fast youth event will begin Saturday 8 am-6 pm and the break the fast worship and meal from 5-6 pm.
Here’s how you can get involved: Yes, we may sound crazywe are going without food for 30 hours but it is for awareness, to raise money so others can eat and have shelter, and it’s honestly A LOT OF FUN!
1. Pray. God are you calling me to FAST & SERVE to know, to experience, to help, or to donate.
2. Participate. Sign up & come join us for the 30-Hour Fast Weekend challenge- service projects, worship, games, and break the fast meal. You can come for part of the time or the whole time or the whole time Saturday.
3. Donate/or Fundraise. Youth can also help find adults to donate their time by volunteering or to donate to towards their goal. It only takes $1 a day or $30 for a month to help feed and care for someone’s hunger. Checks made to: FUMC and memo line "Youth 30 hour fast"
Our goal: Raise over $2,000 to help stir awareness about hunger around the world and to support local non-profits to- 25 % raised will go towards our youth sponsored Compassion Child & the other 75% of the fund raised will go towards the Lancaster Education Foundation! If we raise $2000 Jarod Steed will dye his hair!
Contact: Call the church office, 717-394-7231, or email Sharon for info or to donate email@example.com , or Laura Meisl firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up or help!
Click Here for More Information
Click Here for Parental Consent Form
- Help with set-up and preparation during the week prior and Friday April 21
- Preparing and serving the “break the fast” meal on April 22
- Assist with fast clean up April 22 from 2-3:30 pm.
- Donating supplies for the fast like water bottles, gum, lollipops, or juice.
- Get involved in the Food Scavenger Hunt Friday April 21 and donate food.
- Participants will seek sponsors to raise funds for their fast, and goals will be set.
- Another way you can help the Fast is by having us come help YOU! We would like to serve is by helping our congregation to clean your house, assist with yard or other house projects, or do projects at your place business or other organization with which you may be affiliated. When you book a group to come and help, you can donate towards their fast. Funds raised this year will support Church World Service and another local non-profit. Contact Kate Beiler at email@example.com or 717-394-7231, ext. 307 if you are available help volunteer, donate, and with potential service projects.
Download Parent Consent Form Here
Download Fast Info Sheet Here
REGISTER ONLINE HERE