30 Hour Fast 2017: Holy Hunger Games
April 21-22, 2017
The InsideOut youth 30 Hour Fast event is quickly approaching. Our goal is to raise awareness of hunger both outside our doorsteps and worldwide. This year’s theme is “30-Hours of Holy Hunger” based on the Hunger Games concept. Youth in grades 6-12 can participate and friends are encouraged to join. The 2017 theme is Holy Hunger Games with activates based on the popular movie and book series. Fasting will begin at breakfast Friday April 21 and end Saturday with communion around 2:00 pm. It is encouraged that youth create their district with 4-5 participants each or they will be assigned a district at the reaping on April 21. On April 22 from 10:00 AM -12:30 PM the Fast groups will be doing various service projects. This is a great service and boarding your world view experience.
Our goal is $2000. FUNDS RAISED for the 2017 Fast will be going to … 50% Church World Service: Toward Refugees and 50% to the Lancaster YWCA.
Family and congregational involvement is encouraged in various ways. Everyone is welcome to join for the interviews and fast kick-off “the District Reaping” on April 21 from 5-6:30 PM or for the “Break the Fast” Meal Saturday, April 22 from 1:30-2:30 PM.
- Help with set-up and preparation during the week prior and Friday April 21
- Preparing and serving the “break the fast” meal on April 22
- Assist with fast clean up April 22 from 2-3:30 pm.
- Donating supplies for the fast like water bottles, gum, lollipops, or juice.
- Get involved in the Food Scavenger Hunt Friday April 21 and donate food.
- Participants will seek sponsors to raise funds for their fast, and goals will be set.
- Another way you can help the Fast is by having us come help YOU! We would like to serve is by helping our congregation to clean your house, assist with yard or other house projects, or do projects at your place business or other organization with which you may be affiliated. When you book a group to come and help, you can donate towards their fast. Funds raised this year will support Church World Service and another local non-profit. Contact Kate Beiler at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-394-7231, ext. 307 if you are available help volunteer, donate, and with potential service projects.
Download Parent Consent Form Here
Download Fast Info Sheet Here
REGISTER ONLINE HERE